Vehicles to Success
Vehicle Donation Policy
Family Promise of Hendricks County recognizes that a necessary step toward long-term stability for our families is a reliable vehicle. “Vehicles to Success” has been established to help families experiencing homelessness get back on the road to sustainable stability. Family Promise accepts vehicles in good working condition with the intent that the donated vehicle be given directly to a qualified Family Promise family.
- Qualified Family Defined: A Family Promise family must be active in the program; hold a
valid driver’s license; have funds to register and license the vehicle, and insure the
vehicle for one year. Families will be chosen at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Family Promise will make sure the vehicle is in adequate condition prior to accepting the
donation. A mechanic may be consulted prior to acceptance. Receipt of vehicles is at
the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The vehicle title, free of any liens or taxes, will be transferred from the donor to Family
Promise. Family Promise will then facilitate the transfer of the title directly to the
- Family Promise will submit the 1098C form for tax purposes and provide copies for
- Funding for registration, licensing and insurance will be secured by the qualified family
prior to receipt of vehicle.
- Family Promise reserves the right to sell the vehicle after 180 days if a suitable recipient
is not found. Proceeds will support the general operating budget of Family Promise of
Please contact Julie to make this life changing gift!