November 2023 HELP NOW – Utilities, Rent, Section 8, Legal, Jobs, Holidays
HENDRICKS COUNTY UTILITY ASSISTANCE
Energy Assistance Program: Provides a one-time annual benefit that can assist low-income Hoosiers with the high cost of home energy and can help those who are about to get disconnected.
Opportunity to apply for assistance will open 8am Eastern Time October 2, 2023, through May 20, 2024 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Apply for assistance online HERE
Or pick up application at Family Promise Resource Center located at 238 N. Vine, St., Plainfield
INDIANA EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE (ERA)
Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA): Helps renter households with rent and utility assistance. This includes help with paying rent up to 18 months of current and past due rent. This assistance is through Community Action of Greater Indianapolis.
ERA accepting application through December 2023
Call to Apply: 317-396-1800
When you call dial “1” for English and then “0” to speak with an operator. Once the operator answers you say, “Hendricks County” and then “trying to apply for ERA”.
For More Information: www.in.gov/ihcda/homeowners-and-renters/rental-assistance/
HENDRICKS COUNTY SECTION 8
Section 8: Is available to income-eligible individuals and families and exists to assist with rent payments to provide decent, affordable, sanitary, and safe housing for persons with low incomes.
The Section 8 program is not emergency housing assistance and your waiting time for assistance may exceed 24 months.
APPLY HERE – www.waitlistcheck.com/lN1806-2480
Please note that you will be required to create a Waitlist Check account and have a valid e-mail address to apply.
Family Promise is partnering with Neighborhood Christian Legal Services to provide legal services to our clients and to the community. There are a variety of options available:
- Legal assistance by Vee via the legal kiosk at the Resource Center (238 N. Vine Street, Plainfield) every other Thursday. Vee cannot give advice, she can help complete and file paperwork. Call Vee at 463-226-3062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment (required).
- Legal Clinic with an attorney from NCLS at the Resource Center (238 N. Vine Street, Plainfield) on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Focus on expungements, evictions, and other housing related legal matters. Call Vee at 463-226-3062 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment (required).
- NCLS Expungement Help Desk – Available for a limited number of new walk-in visitors (first-come, first-served) on Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm. They are located at 3115 Southeastern Ave on the 3rd floor of the Aequitas office building on the Community Justice Campus (CJC) in Indianapolis.
- NCLS Consult with a Lawyer Program – An attorney will provide counsel and advice only. Walk-ins are welcome, and it is first come first served. Available the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00am until 12:00pm at the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic.
- Here is a link to the services provided by Neighborhood Christian Legal Services that will also advise on how they provide intakes: https://www.nclegalclinic.org/services
JOBS RIGHT NOW
Temporary employment or on-demand employment:
Seasonal Jobs Hiring Right Now:
*Project A.N.G.E.L. of Hendricks County
Project A.N.G.E.L. of Hendricks County has opened the application process for our 2023 Christmas assistance program. We will also distribute applications to ALL county school administration offices and local libraries. Our application process begins September 16, 2023 and runs through November 10, 2023. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH A POSTMARK AFTER NOVEMBER 10th AND AGAIN APPLICATIONS WILL BE DENIED IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE ALL THE INFORMATION REQUESTED
*Mental Health America of Hendricks County
The Holiday Scrolls program supports families living with and under care for mental illness. Provider referral required. Families provide their own wish lists, and we pair a “holiday angel” to shop for them. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*United States Postal Services Operation Santa
Open NOW through NOVEMBER 20, 2023
Apply at: https://www.uspsoperationsanta.com/
*The Salvation Army Angel Tree Toy Shop
Generous sponsors shop for children (Angels) to provide toys and essentials from wish lists. When parents arrive at the Angel Tree Toy Shop, they select from the donated gifts for their children at no cost. They take these gifts home and wrap them for Christmas.
Opens October 2nd until all signup spots are filled. Apply at:
Pre-register online before Nov. 29th www.indymca.org
This year, the Avondale Meadows YMCA is pre-registering underserved families to receive Christmas toys for youth ages 0 -15 online or in-person.
PRE-REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE – ONLINE
- Visit indymca.org.
- Go to Main Menu.
- Click on Registration & Payment.
- Select Sign In or Create an Account..
PRE-REGISTRATON INSTRUCTIONS – IN-PERSON
Onsite registration is at the Avondale Meadows YMCA, 3908 Meadows Dr. on Saturday, Nov. 3 from 8 – 10 a.m.
Please bring photo ID, birth certificates for each child, and proof of residence.
Must have a valid email address to pre-register in-person or online.
Families who need holiday assistance must pre-register at indymca.org by Nov. 29 or onsite from 8 – 10 a.m. on Nov. 3 at the Avondale Meadows YMCA. Call (317) 549-9622 for more information.
Toys will be distributed to families from 8 a.m. – noon on Dec. 15 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center.
*OUTSIDE HENDRICKS COUNTY*
*Fletcher Place Community Center
1637 Prospect Street Indianapolis, IN 46203 Phone – 317-636-3466
Families can come to our back desk and pick up a Christmas Application.
Registered shoppers receive an appointment card in the mail that notes the day and time they are to come shop.
*Mary Riggs Neighborhood Center
1920 W Morris Street Indianapolis 46221 317-639-6106
Must live in service area (Marion County) – N Railroad tracks South of Washington Street, South Raymond Street, East White River, West Holt Road
*Churches in Mission (Morgan County)
Registration ends 11/23
Mooresville – 317-831-3987, 27 S Indiana Street, 46158
Martinsville – 765-341-6652, 60 W Pike Street 46151