Are you needing to apply for rental or utility assistance? This is your opportunity! Community Action of Greater Indianapolis is assisting residents with applying for Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA)! Although the portal to apply for IERA is closed, Community Action of Greater Indianapolis (CAGI) is assisting with applications now through July! Check out the information below:
IERA HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JULY
- Call 317-396-1800, press “0” to reach the operator, and ask for IERA (this is not a number for questions)
- To qualify, you must have been impacted by COVID.
- You can receive assistance for up to 18 months if you qualify.
- If you’ve already exhausted 18 months of IERA, you can’t reapply; if you’ve used 15 months, you must reapply.
- Process time is 30-60 days.
- They will help with utilities as well, but that will be counted towards your 18 months of assistance.
- WILL PAY LATE FEES!
PLEASE CALL the number above to see if you qualify! You must call, press 0 and ask for IERA. From there, you will be guided through the application process. This is a great resource – don’t wait, apply today!
If you do get approved for assistance, it would be smart to save money throughout the 18-month period. This doesn’t last forever and we want you to be prepared to pay rent/utilities after their assistance period is over.