The support and host organizations are the backbone of Family Promise – providing warm meals, housing and support services for families experiencing homelessness. Each week, one of our host organizations open their doors and hearts to our families where they spend their evenings and the night. The next week, we are off to a new congregation. Our families each have their own room and cots, so the family can stay together.
Host and support congregations also provide financial support to Family Promise. We welcome volunteers of all ages! Below are some of the volunteer activities at the host congregations.
– Cooking and/or hosting dinner
– Spending the evening with guest families visiting, tutoring kids or playing games
– Sleeping overnight in the church
– Coordinating children’s crafts and activities
– Donating needed supplies for the host week
– Setting up and breaking down guest families’ rooms
BECOME A HOST OR SUPPORT CONGREGATION OR ORGANIZATON – Please contact Julie Randall
|Avon Christian Church
|The Branches, Plainfield
|Amo United Methodist Church
Covenant Grace Fellowship, North Salem